I finally updated the Q&A page. Here is a complete list of the interviews we did with the guys from Troika Games:
Another fan patch for Troika’s vampiric RPG has been released to the public. It can be easily applied onto the official 1.2 patch. Here’s a list of the fixes and changes:
– Put morphine into cs cabinet and fixed a Danielle Persuasion error.
– Added a humane farewell line to Heather and fixed a Tourette loop.
– Lowered hacking skill of Asylum computers and swapped Copper lines.
– Made police investigate gallery crime independent of your actions.
– Prevented Humanity from reaching zero and removed loss for pendant.
– Fixed parking garage exchange and removed gum when sold to Copper.
– Corrected a Vandal condition and several similar dialogue problems.
– Repaired broken Romero quest return and several minor text issues.
The patch is available for download here.
While I was recreating this website from the ashes of the last one, I was looking on the web for the Arcanum soundtrack. For a long time it has been available for download from Sierra’s servers, but all the links are dead and I haven’t found a mirror, yet. Although Terra Arcanum has mirrored both the Arcanum and the Troika Games website, they haven’t mirrored the soundtrack. But I’ve stumbled upon Ben Houge’s Last.FM page, and there you can also listen to the soundtrack and add it to your Last.FM playlist.
If anyone knows of a place where you can download the soundtrack in mp3 format, please let me know (in the comments for example).
Update: It seems the download from the Sierra ftp server still works (I believe there was some problem with my connection last time I tried to access those servers). This means you should be able to get the complete soundtrack (and eventhe sheet music) from here. 😀 Have fun!
Welcome to the new “Troika Chronicles” website. Some of you may remember that I closed down the site some months ago. Then some time ago (I don’t know when exactly) someone hacked the old site and I had to use the Waybackmachine to get all my articles and interviews back. Hmm, I should have made a backup of the site a long time ago. 🙄
I now decided to resurrect the site as a WordPress.com blog. Why? I am currently playing Arcanum again and I wanted to give the articles and interviews a new place to stay. Some of the Ex-Troikans are back in the gaming business and the Bloodlines fan community is creating fan patches on a regular basis, so perhaps there are some interesting troika-related news to blog about in the future. So stay tuned and if you like, check out my other blogs! 😀